I was lucky enough to work with Countdown on this project. I was asked to make one of their delicious recipes from their website countdown.co.nz. I decided to choose the Apple banana bread, as I had a few brown banana’s that needed using. I left out the Apple and added Countdowns own-brand white chocolate drops. Super easy to make and great for school lunches. See my version here.
White Chocolate Banana Bread
125g butter, chopped, at room temperature, plus extra to serve
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 very ripe banana, mashed
1/4 cup white chocolate drops
1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 10 x 20cm loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a separate medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Fold banana, milk and flour mixture into the creamed mixture until combined.
4. Pour mixture into loaf pan. Sprinkle white chocolate drops on top. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Cut into 2cm thick slices, and serve with butter to spread.
Fresh Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Energy 785Kj, Protein 4g, Total Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 6g, Carbohydrates 21g, Sugars 8g, Sodium 517mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.
Recipe adapted from https://www.countdown.co.nz/recipes/2538/apple-banana-bread